Wednesday 23 March 2011

So where do you start?

I always knew I wanted my wedding to be abroad and in my head I had visions of Greece and a lovely little whitewashed chapel.

However once the proposal came and some kind of reality hit the logistics of planning a wedding abroad and getting all our loved ones there was a huge task.
We decided then that we should move the wedding to mainland europe (you would think I had already booked Greece! lol) we looked at both Spain and Portugal and the ease of getting all our friends and family there from Ireland, Scotland, England and the Isle Of Man. Spain won on ease and ability of flights.

One major decision made.... but boy did I not realise what I had let myself in for. Spain has very strict rules on marriage and the paperwork is huge! However as we are both christened Catholic we are able to have a church service there without any residency agreements and no major hurdles to get over (and it will please the parents!)
There was no way that I would want to do this on my own so my next job was to find a wedding planner.
If you are ever planning a wedding in Spain I would recommend a wedding planner to help with the paperwork alone.

How do you know though if your wedding planner will be good or not??? Boy this wedding planning lark is not easy. After lots and lots of web search, scanning wedding forums for weddings abroad (and not finding that many good ones) I came across and Irish site called www.weddingsonline.ie which has a great weddings abroad section with lots of recommendations. It was here I found a link to the planner that I have ended up going with who is called Lisa and has been a godsend! After plenty of emails and a very long skype phonecall we booked up and have not looked back.


No comments:

Post a Comment