Thursday 29 December 2011

We are married! Part 4 - The Ceremony

And so it was time to get into the car and travel to the church. The villa that we had rented was about 20 minutes from the church so there was enough time for the nerves to kick in on the way.  My Dad did a good job at keeping me calm, although I did panic as we only arrived and the church dead on 4 pm and all I could think of was that Lisa our wedding planner had always said we couldn't be late at all, I took this literally to mean I couldn't even be a minute late!

Once we arrived and got out of the car we waited in the plaza outside of the church while the bridesmaids queued up to enter the church before me.  As we were waiting lots of people gathered in the plaza to watch and lots of cameras were going of, what a weird feeling!



The music struck up and the flower girls and bridesmaid made their way in.

The it was my turn, with one reassuring squeeze from my dad off we set up the aisle.  I can't tell you if the music that I had spent hours choosing sounded good or not as I was just focusing on calming myself and getting to the top of the aisle.


I was doing everything to try and not look at my soon to be husband too soon as I had been told that he had been crying already and I knew I wouldn't cope if I looked too soon.  As we were nearing the top of the aisle I looked up and his top lip was going, that's all it took for me to well up.

People have told me that my dad who never cries had a tear in his eye as he passed my hand to my soon to be husbands.  I can't wait to see the video!


At this point we were both so nervous but so happy, its a kind of nerves that I have never felt before, this felt so right and I couldn't believe that we were finally standing there in front of all the people that we love and were just about to commit ourselves to each other for live, I suppose its nervous excitement that hits you once you finally get to hold each others hands.




Our readers did an amazing job despite some nerves and the full service went really well, I had some worries about the service as the priest was obviously going to be foreign but he followed the mass booklet that we (rephrase that I!!) had spent hours preparing and making sure that we made the ceremony as much about us as what we could do and I really feel that we managed to achieve that.  We had lots of non catholics at the wedding who came up to us after and told us how much they enjoyed the ceremony so we must have gotten it right.





We had a few wobbles in our voices when saying our vows and a few tears in our eyes, it was so emotional to finally be standing in front of each other declaring our undying love for each other and becoming husband and wife




And finally we emerged as the new Mr & Mrs and what an utterly amazing day we both had!!

All photos by Kris:

1 comment: