Wednesday 28 December 2011

We are married - Part 3 - Getting Ready

Once the makeup artist and our amazing wedding planner arrived at our rental villa the place was buzzing, we got the champagne out and had a toast to the day.

Our photographer arrived soon after and quickly got to work.  We had chosen him for the style he shoots in which is reportage, I really didn't want anything that I felt was in your face or too posed so his style was perfect.  He took lots of shots of the build up to the day and I think that I will let them tell the story.










Soon it was time to get into my dress, as everyone else was very busy getting ready at this point and my chief bridesmaid was running around sorting out all the little girls I slipped upstairs to get into it myself, thankfully my guardian angel in the form of my wedding planner Lisa appeared to help zip me into it and give me the biggest best hug I could have wanted :-)



I was getting a little nervous but hugely excited at this point so the hug was just what I wanted and needed before putting the final touches to my make up and getting that elusive first glimpse of myself in the mirror.






That's when the tears started to come, I just couldn't believe that it was me that was staring back, seeing everything coming together, all the months of planning, all the ideas that you have about your hair, your dress and your jewellery and suddenly you are looking at it all in the mirror and it was such an amazing, overwhelming and exciting range of emotions, I will never forget how it felt and am so pleased that our photographer managed to capture that moment.


Once I had gotten over the shock of the moment, I was excited to come down the stairs to see everyone else and for them to see me for the first time.  I knew my Mum and Dad were waiting for me at the bottom and I was so excited to see their reaction when they seen me!  My poor Mum was trying so hard to hold back the tears, it was the best feeling ever, knowing that I had made them so proud and they were finally seeing their daughter getting married.








And so it was time to head to the church to finally see my soon to be husband.

All photos by Kris McGuirk:


Coming soon: Part 4 - The ceremony.



No comments:

Post a Comment