Saturday, 20 August 2011

Last piece of the paperwork Jigsaw is done!

So we are finally done with all the paperwork! Yesterday we collected our Certificates of No Impediment from our local council so we are ready to roll.

In Scotland if you are getting married abroad you need to still register your intent to marry with your local register office and get the excitment of seeing your names displayed for all to see on the notice board. You don't however need a schedule of marriage.

You can get all the details you need from here Click me

We found it really easy, just fill out the form with the details of your wedding abroad and bring it into the local register office with the fee of £30 per person. You need to wait 15 days to collect it and it is only valid for 3 months from the date of issue so make sure that you factor this in when you are working out your dates for the wedding.


  1. Very pleased to hear this. Of all the couples I have helped get married, yours has definately been the most complicated!


  2. I think we had the most difficult priest in the world! lol