Saturday 30 April 2011

Wedding Invitations - DIY Project


So the great wedding invite making weekend took place last week. After trying a few samples I finally narrowed it down to what I wanted and something that wasn't going to take forever.

I started by designing our own monogram through Word which was really easy actually, once I figured out the basics. I am using it throughout the wedding and hope that it just helps with making the day more us! After too many hours to count I had managed to address all the inserts, cut them to size and finish of the corners.
I worked quite hard at making a little production line with all the things on it that I would need and hours measuring bits of ribbon to add to the front but once they were all put together I was really happy with the final product.

Inserts Cut and ready to go in the cards

I added the ribbon to the front by cutting and measuring a long length of ribbon and then tying a knot ribbon through this once it was secured to the front of the card.



I really wanted to keep the fronts of the invites very simple, so after spending some time playing about with the computer I managed to get the words to print onto the front of the card. I used hearts that I had punched using a heart puncher from purple pearlised card and finished off with some diamante stick ons.

Inside of a finished invite



The finished product!

I must say I'm really happy with them, I think that they look really professional and hope that everyone feels the same. Let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment